Moose spotting by car
It is an amazing experience to see and photograph these Nordic giants in Sweden!
We take a journey to the Kiruna countryside area in our minibus, visiting various locations where we are most likely to see moose.
Make sure you take your camera with you!
- We start our activity in Abisko. We departure from Abisko Guesthouse reception, but pick up in nearby hotels, or hotels in Kiruna is also available upon request by filling in the filed “Note” and “Hotel name (for not Abisko Guesthouse guests)” during your booking.
- We drive approximately 1,5 hours (approx. 150 km) towards the spot with a high population of moose.
- On the way to our primary location, we will pass the city of Kiruna. Your guide will share some interesting facts along the way and answer all your questions.
- Once we arrive at the location, the guide will acknowledge you to start looking for moose.
- Usually, when we get there, we can see a lot of wildlife (not only moose). Some of them might happen to be quite far away, and some of them will casually pass our busses.
- If the guide decides it’s safe, we can go out of the car and take some nice pictures.
- We are going to be looking for moose along the road for approximately two hours.
- At last, we start our way back to Abisko.
Moose spotting by car includes
- Light snack and soft drinks
- Warm clothing if needed
Useful information about Moose spotting by car
The tour starts between 9:00-11:00 depending on the time of year and weather conditions that day.
Check at the Guesthouse reception for the exact departure time for your tour.
Have a question?
We are available between 9:00 and 18:00 local time. Feel free to reach us out. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
+46 (0) 706 52 12 64